Thursday, November 15, 2012

Regency Silk Embroidery Pictures

A couple of weeks ago I went to two antique shows, two weekends in a row.   The first one was a junk / antique show mix.   It had enough booths to make for fun hunting.   I found enough things to keep me on a permanent antique "fix".  

The second show had me scrambling.  I had one hour to view the show and make my purchases.  There were many lovely items there (The Hillsborough show in Calif), however only two made it home with me.

Shepherd entertaining his dog and sheep!

Alright, I confess.  Anything with sheep in it has a special appeal.  I don't know why, I just enjoy it!

Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus
Doesn't this one seem perfect heading into Christmas.   I will hang it above my other religious needlework.   Many of the early needlework items had religious subjects, and I'm delighted to have two lovely examples.
Add caption
I am getting ready for Thanksgiving.  How about you?  I have been working on my tablescape, can't wait to share it with you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment