Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thanksgiving Placecards - Antique Style

Thanksgiving is bringing 31 people together at my house.  That's  a lot of china, silver, and chairs.  I decided to use placecards to make it easy on deciding where to sit.

I found some antique trade cards  from the late 1700's and used them for my base format.
As usual, I couldn't decide what print to use, so I used a bunch:


I stuck with harvest and farming themes, with some thrown in because of the period dress.
The chef, who has a huge garden and grows oranges, will get the orange grower business card.

I had to play with the sizing.  once I get the size figured out, I print them out on cardstock.

It's not the typical pilgrim/ fall leaf// pumpkin placecard you usually see for Thankgiving.  So that makes it perfect for my table.

I'm linked up to Marty's "Inspire Me Tuesdays" at A Stroll Thru Life.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, these are all gorgeous. I love this idea and the pictures you chose are perfect. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How surprised I was to see my name on one of your place cards! :) They're all so pretty.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete